MicroNuclear LLC is results focused, solving today’s energy problems with creative, market-relevant, emission-free, and economical microreactor solutions based on experience, engineering, and testing.
IDAHO ENERGY INC.
Idaho Energy is a subsidiary of MicroNuclear and the operational interface between MicroNuclear LLC and its clients, Government Affairs, Permitting, Site Analysis, Environmental Impact Studies, and the Training and Certification of Plant Operators. Idaho Energy will lead the business development effort to market, manufacture, install, operate, and maintain the MsNB and future microreactor design from MicroNuclear.
Cost competitive modular design deployed at secured locations to facilitate demonstration/operation is the starting point for licensing and commercialization.
MsNB’s optimized size coupled with simplified design provides the ability to integrate with renewable sources.
MsNB is sized to support local needs and microgrids, with electric power and energy source for hydrogen generation or desaliination.
Light water reactors (using 1950s technology) can cost several billion dollars, stretching the supply chain and are costly to decommission.
Offer good option to support base load energy source such as nuclear at certain locations. As base load, their inherent Intermittency requires 2 to 3 times the cost cover production and storage during periods of no sun or wind.
Both rely on large transmission grids. The price tag for large grids is not tenable for many potentially interested investors.
Idaho Energy Inc.
MsNB utilizes true modular in-factory manufacturing
Its modular construction allows for installation in less than 3 months.
Current US nuclear power plants take up to 15 years to complete construction.
This time-scale is not attractive for investment.
MsNB builds on success with a step-wise plan for deployment certainty. From Oak Ridge reactor design, through simplification, testing and operation, MsNB will be ready for production and deployment.
MsNB design and deployment plan is solidly based on integrated experience, design, testing construction, and operation.
Oversizing initial new advance energy system designs is a common problem leading to many design development challenges.
It is too much of a “leap of faith.”
MARKET AND APPLICATIONS FOR THE MsNB
- Small size affords deployment in rural/remote areas with autonomous operational control and minimal support infrastructure, eliminating reliance on a transmission system.
- Space base power and thermal energy provide new capability for exploration and development.
*Gas Stations/Truck Stops
- Utilizing well known technologies designed and operated in the 1960’s to simplify and reduce the development cycle, we are focused on achieving effective, efficient and cost conscious design from the start.
- Lessons learned from other construction around the world and within the US will be applied so that project management challenges and scheduling delays are avoided.
- To fulfill President Dwight D. Eisenhowers offer of “peace and prosperity” from American nuclear energy in Decenber 1953.